Custom Academic Regalia from The Robe Shop
RSW/The Robe Shop Worldwide
115 5th Ave S. #8 * Kirkland, WA 98033
(Mailing address only - please note that we do not have a retail showroom and our offices are not open to the public.)
Toll-free 1-8-ONLY-ROBES (1-866-597-6237) * Local 425-402-3736
FAX (425) 486-0768 24 hrs / Alternate: (425) 605-0817 (FAXes`at this number must be received manually during business hours)
EASY STEP-BY-STEP ORDERING: Yes, you can call toll-free, email, FAX or mail in your order of high quality professional regalia (2 or more items: cap, gown, hood) that will be used in yearly ceremonies. To order single items only, please see Gown Order Form, Hood Order Form or Cap Order Form If you want one-time use "Souvenir" quality, please see our Grad Robe form First, please review this webpage- it will help you with our order questions, then choose an order submission method:
This form cannot be filled in on-line, but is a great tool to walk you through your order choices for any submission method explained below. Note that we have marked start and stop points for Copy & Paste methods.
1) Copy the text and paste into an email (Our preferred method), typing in the answers
2) Print out and fill out by hand for referral when calling in the order
3) Paste into a word processing program, typing in the answers for FAXing, attaching to an email or snail mailing (note: emailed attached files can get deleted as suspicious- call if you don't hear from us)
4) Print out and fill out by hand (with a BLACK pen) for FAXing or mailing, along with check if you don't want to use a bankcard on a mailed order. (Please call us to verify price before writing your check)
5) PDF copies of the order can be emailed, but we can work better with the straight text methods above.
To save time, please read our order guidelines at the bottom of this page. If you need prices, please contact us for a price quote.
All regalia items are made to the specifications of the American Academic Code. We can provide regalia for ALL colleges. The fabric will be BLACK, unless you have a doctorate from a prestigious school with specially designed regalia
I wish to order ___ Complete Regalia | ___ Gown & Hood | ___ Cap & hood | ____ Gown & Cap | Other:
1) Degree type ___ PhD | ___ Other Doctoral | ___ Specialist | ___ Master | ____ Bachelor | Other:
For clarity, please state the exact name of your degree:Specialist, Masters and Bachelors degree holders skip to question 5
2) Regalia type (Choose 1)-
___DOCTORAL SPECIAL REGALIA: My degree came from a school with specially designed (non-black) regalia. Please make the gown as specified by this school: (write school name below & skip to question 6)
___CLASSIC BLACK Doctoral Gown Style: (Please refer to descriptions on academic page) ___ Jefferson | ___ Madison
___LEADERSHIP Gown style: ___ President | ___ Marshall | This regalia has the colors of the school over which the wearer presides. Your choice of gown color: ________________________
3) Velvet color (Please refer to Regalia 101 for velvet color rules) ____ Black (generic) | ___ PhD Blue | Other: Field of study _____________________________ Velvet color for this field (if known) is:
4) Optional piping color ($extra): _____________________________ / ___ NO PIPING
Piping on the gown is an option (included on the President or Marshall) that allows for your choice of color, but is often used to further identify your degree. For instance, if you have PhD Blue velvet, and your PhD is in Education, you could add light blue piping to signify the field of education. Sometimes the color is just something visually pleasing to coordinate with the satin and velvet colors. When ordering the hood, you can also choose the same color piping to coordinate with the gown and add distinction to the regalia ensemble.
5) Gown Fabric: ____ Roosevelt | ___Polyester Silk (Wesley/Tissue Faille) | ____Tropical Wool | ____Peachskin | ____Polyester Crepe | ____Polyester textured Woven (Pavillion) | ____Flat-finish Polyester woven (Venture/viva) | ____PoplinFor the following questions, please refer to Regalia 101 for help with measuring. DO NOT GUESS!!
6a) Do you want a durable nylon robe bag item #10614 to store your gown between wearings, or for easy transport? ___ Yes | ____ No | ___ GN10155 (Nylon CARRYALL)
6b)Do you want a heavy duty contoured Robe Hanger item #13930 designed to preserve the yoke shape between wearings ? ___ Yes | ____ NoFor the following questions, please refer to Regalia 101 for help with measuring. DO NOT GUESS!!
7) Your initials (up to 3) for the neck label: _ _ _
Measurements: Tailored for male or female
8) Height with shoes on (Feet/inches):
11) Floor Clearance:
Optional, but assures a good fit: Neck _____ Weight _______
SPECIAL REGALIA: skip to question 16
13a) University/College that conferred your degree:
13b) City and State of above:
13c) Satin colors if you know them:
14) Black Shell Fabric: ____ Roosevelt | ___ Polyester Silk (Wesley/Tissue Faille) | ____ Polyester Crepe | ____ Polyester Woven | ____ Poplin | ____ Tropical Wool | ____ Peachskin
15) Optional piping color ($extra): _____________________________ Piping on the hood is an option for any level degree, but is often used on a doctoral hood to further identify your degree. For instance, if you have PhD Blue velvet, and your PhD is in Education, you could add light blue piping to signify the field of education. Code allows for your choice of color so sometimes the color is just something visually pleasing to coordinate with the satin and velvet colors. When ordering the doctoral gown, choose the same color piping as the hood piping to coordinate and add distinction to the regalia ensemble.
16) Velvet color (Field of study)(Please refer to Regalia 101 for velvet color rules) ___ PhD Blue |___ Other: Field of study _____________________________ Velvet color for this field (if known) is: _________________
17) Cap preference ___ Velvet Tam (doctoral (& MFA if permitted)) | ___ Mortarboard | ___ Soft Square Tam: non-velvet| ____ Other:
Doctoral Velvet Tam orders only: ___ Square | ___ 6-point | ___ 8-point |
18) Doctoral Cap color ___ Black | ___ PhD Blue | ____ Other:
19) Fabric: ___ Velvet (Doctoral & MFA only) | ____ Roosevelt | ___ Polyester Silk (Tissue Faille) | ____ Polyester Crepe | ____ Polyester Woven | ____ Poplin | ____ Tropical Wool | ____ Peachskin
20) Tassel Type ___ Metallic gold* ($$extra) | ____ 2-button doctoral silky gold ($extra) | ____ Regular tassel Tassel Color :
Note on tassel color: *Only doctoral regalia may have gold tassels. For regular tassels, we recommend the color "OLD GOLD". Masters tassels can be black or the velvet color. Bachelor's tassels are black.
21) Head Measurement: ________ Head measurement to the quarter inch. (TAM: Measure head circumference 1" above the brow, exactly where the hat band will sit. CAP: Measure head circumference 1" above the ears)
22) In case we have questions, we MUST have your phone number (including EXTENSION if applicable) and for international orders- email address:
23) Your Name & Physical Ship address:
24) BANKCARD INFORMATION- (If you are paying by check, leave card info blank and send this form with your payment for all items plus shipping charges.)
VISA/AMEX/MC number with spaces:
Expiry date:   _ _ / _ _   ||   Security Code:   _ _ _ _ (3 or 4 numbers, REQUIRED)
READ AGREEMENT AND SIGN BELOW (For EMAIL, type name below as a "signature"): I affirm the style, color and measurements as stated on this order form to be correct. I further acknowledge that as long as the garment(s) are true to these specifications, The Robe Shop and its suppliers are not responsible for my satisfaction with the look and fit of the finished product, and I will pay for any alteration costs should I want changes after the garment is finished. I now authorize The Robe Shop to complete my garment(s) as ordered. I understand that that there are no returns, refunds or exchanges, and I am fully responsible for payment of this order, including any legal/collection fees required if payment is withheld or cancelled.
Academic Regalia only: I affirm that I provided The Robe Shop with the correct name of my degree and the specifications of my school. The Robe Shop will make my regalia according to MY stated specifications on the accompanying order form, which may depart from the official school specifications. The Robe Shop and its suppliers are not financially responsible for any alterations needed should I find that the specifications I requested are incorrect in any way. Degree:
I am fully responsible for payment of this order, including any legal/collection fees required if payment is withheld or cancelled. I acknowledge that my prepayment is a rough estimate of charges only and does not guarantee the final invoice price, which will account for any style or vendor changes, order additions, initial estimate adjustments, actual shipping costs, and unforeseen price increases. If paying by credit card, I understand that the card statement will show payment to "RSW Robeshop" and (if appropriate) I have informed the person who pays the statement.
Signature/type name here: ___________________________________________
25) Mailing address for invoice/receipt (Who is paying for this order?:
IF THE CARDHOLDER ZIP CODE and ADDRESS numbers DO NOT MATCH this order billing address, the card will not process successfully. For CARD address verification, we need the correct NUMERICAL data- house/PO box# and zip code- where the statement for this card is mailed. Note: We have a lot of difficulty with corporate cards. We MUST HAVE THE EXACT MAILING ADDRESS FOR THE CARD STATEMENT, not the address for the person ordering.
ZIP:________________House/PO Box NUMBER:____________________
Important if YOU are not the cardholder: we must have direct communication from the cardholder to avoid misunderstandings and/or chargebacks. If someone else is paying for this order (including your organization or corporation), they must sign the statement above, or if this is not possible please provide here the name and direct phone number for the accounting person in charge of paying the credit card bill:
26) Specific Need-by date: (ASAP doesn't count)
27) FAX number where we can send your custom garment authorization form for signature (If we have to mail it, this will delay your order):
$19.95 first item, $1.50 each additional item up to 3 (complete 3 piece regalia set is $22.95)
Add $10.00 for each additional regalia set, same box
Add $16.95 for shipping a nylon bag and/or hanger (sent separately)
AIR SHIPPING CHARGES EXTRA
Washington residents must add 10% tax on full amount including shipping
DELIVERY TIME: 6 weeks are required for normal handling of custom regalia, and 8 weeks during graduation season MAR 1-MAY 31. Custom regalia items needed in less time are automatically assessed an expedite Surcharge of 20% of the order total, $20 minimum on orders less than $100. Shipping charges necessary to fulfill your order on time are NOT included in the surcharge. Most orders ship directly from our plant as this saves delivery time, and for this reason invoices are mailed separately after your order arrives.
Foreign orders: We are able and willing to be your source for regalia, but keep in mind that we only provide American styling. Please see Regalia 101 for more foreign order details.
Thank you for your order! We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you. Thank you also for your cooperation with our order guidelines, which saves us hours of time and allows us to focus on fulfilling your order promptly! Our business success has for over 20 years depended on our ability to meet your deadline. We do it well- please work with us by following these guidelines:
ALL orders must be prepaid, including shipping charges. Orders are not processed until we have BOTH your order AND your payment.
Put it in writing! Verbal order information can be misunderstood. The best way is to submit your order on this (or the appropriate) form. We will contact you to verify. Don't like the web-based form? We can FAX or mail a condensed 1-page form. Just ask!
FAXed orders must have a bankcard number for payment written on this form. Your card information is very secure. We will honor requests for us to call you for your card number, but it will delay your order.
EMAILED FORMS: To email your order, simply copy this order form text (START & END of order text are marked) and paste into a new email message, then proceed to type in your information. FOR PROMPT RESULTS, USE THIS IN YOUR SUBJECT LINE: ***ORDER***ORDER***ORDER*** Please include at least half of your bankcard information, then follow up with a second email for the remaining half (Subject= "[your name] order part 2"), or just send all of it at once, depending on your comfort level. We always call to confirm your order, so if you don't get a response within 1 business day, please contact us to make sure your email was received.
If you want to pay by check or money order, do not email or FAX this form. It will NOT speed up your order as we do not process it until payment is received. A double-shipment or lost order could result. Both the form and your payment must be submitted together. Use a courier service (FedEx, UPS) air letter for RUSH orders.
PHONE ORDER: We can help you best if you have printed out this form and filled in the information, or at least have read it so you know what information we will need. Being prepared before calling will aid enormously with your phone order and save staff time!
Please allow time for your order to be processed before calling about the current status. We understand perfectly your concern that your order is on the way, and are happy to verify that for you. See our policies at About Us
For detailed information on custom regalia, featuring finely tailored custom garments in your choice of fabrics, please see our Regalia 101 page.
Academic Page | Rental Robe Order Form | Robe Shop Home Page